Klaire Labs Prenatal & Nursing Formula provides a comprehensive mix of vitamins and minerals to meet the increased nutritional needs of women who plan to become pregnant as well as pregnant and nursing mothers. Addresses several key nutritional needs of pregnant and nursing women. The amounts and forms of each nutrient in this formula ensures a high degree of bioavailability, tolerance, and safety. Supports getal growth, bone development, absorption and utilization by the body, iron in a bioavailable, easy to tolerate form, oxygen transport, immune function, energy production, and fetal brain development.
Vitamin A/carotenoids: Preformed vitamin A and mixed carotenoids provide more complete vitamin A nutrition while ensuring preformed vitamin A is supplied at a safe level for pregnancy. Retinoid forms of vitamin A participate in regulation of fetal gene expression, growth and differentiation of cells and tissues, vision, and development of the immune system.
Vitamins C and E: These antioxidant vitamins combat increased oxidative stress that occurs during pregnancy, in addition to serving a wide range of biological and developmental functions.
Vitamin E is supplied as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate plus mixed tocopherols (d-alpha, d-beta, d-gamma, d-delta) for synergistic benefit.
Vitamin D: Adequate vitamin D intake is essential for maternal and fetal health during pregnancy. In pregnancy, vitamin D modulates maternal immune responses to the placenta and is essential for proper placental implantation.
Folate: Folate is essential to support normal fetal development including neural tube development. There is evidence that folic acid, the synthetic form of folate most commonly used in dietary supplements, may not be optimal for some people. Prenatal & Nursing Formula provides 1,360 mcg DFE (800 mcg) of folate as methylfolate (L-5-MTHF), the biologically active form found in the body.
Biotin: Biotin metabolism accelerates during pregnancy and biotin reserves decline as pregnancy progresses. Supplies the recommended daily amount of biotin to support rapidly dividing fetal cells.
Vitamin B12: supports healthy birth weight, neural tube development, and the countless methylation reactions required to support gene expression, cell differentiation, and organogenesis during all stages of embryonic and fetal development. Provides methylcobalamin, an active form of vitamin B12.
Iron: Pregnancy significantly increases a womanís need for iron and most pregnant women do not consume adequate amounts of iron from food. Iron is required for normal growth and development of the fetus and placenta, and for expansion of the motherís red blood cell volume. Provides iron as ferrous bisglycinate chelate, a bioavailable and well-tolerated form.
Iodine: Sufficient iodine intake is required for normal maternal thyroid hormone synthesis. Beyond supporting the mother, thyroid hormone is essential for myelination of the fetal brain and spinal cord.
Choline: Choline is required for normal embryonic and fetal brain development. Betaine, a metabolite of choline, is required for methylation reactions necessary for cell differentiation, gene transcription, and organogenesis. Prenatal & Nursing Formula supplies choline in the bioavailable form of phosphatidylcholine.
Recommended Use: Adults: Before, during and after pregnancy (and/or while breastfeeding) take 3 capsules daily with food or as directed by healthcare professional. Not intended for children.
Klaire Labs Prenatal & Nursing Formula
3 capsules contain:
- Vitamin A (80% (1,200 mcg RAE) as natural carotenes (beta-carotene, alpha-carotene and beta-cryptoxanthin) from D. salina and 20% (300 mcg RAE) as vitamin A palmitate) 1,500 mcg RAE
- Vitamin C (as L-ascorbic acid) 100 mg
- Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) 50 mcg
- Vitamin E (as RRR-alpha-tocopheryl acid succinate, RRR-alpha-tocopherol) 28 mg
- Vitamin K (50% as vitamin K1 (phytonadione) and 50% as vitamin K2 (menaquinone-7)) 60 mcg
- Thiamin (as thiamin HCl) 3.4 mg
- Riboflavin 4 mg
- Niacin (75% as niacinamide and 25% as niacin) 20 mg NE
- Vitamin B6 (50% as pyridoxine HCl and 50% as pyridoxal 5í-phosphate) 15 mg
- Folate (as Metafolin L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate) 1,360 mcg DFE (800 mcg)
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) 500 mcg
- Biotin (D-biotin) 300 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (as calcium D-pantothenate) 10 mg
- Choline (as phosphatidylcholine) 150 mg
- Calcium (as calcium citrate-malate) 100 mg
- Iron (as Ferrochel ferrous bisglycinate chelate) 27 mg
- Iodine (from kelp) 150 mcg
- Magnesium (as TRAACS magnesium bisglycinate chelate, magnesium oxide) 125 mg
- Zinc (as zinc bisglycinate chelate) 15 mg
- Selenium (as selenium amino acid complex) 50 mcg
- Copper (as copper gluconate) 0.5 mg
- Chromium (as chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate) 75 mcg
- Molybdenum (as molybdenum glycinate chelate) 10 mcg
- Natural Mixed Tocopherols (RRR-beta, RRR-delta, RRR-gamma) 3.3 mg
- Natural Mixed Carotenoids (lutein and zeaxanthin from D. Salina) 25 mcg
Vegetarian capsule (hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, water), microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide, coconut oil powder, and natural citrus flavor. Warning:
Accidental overdose of iron-containing products is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children under the age of 6. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately.
There are no questions or answers for this item.