Thorne Research Basic Prenatal offers support for pregnant women. Basic Prenatal by Thorne Research was designed to be a complete vitamin and mineral supplement for pregnant and lactating women. In this multi vitamin and mineral supplement‚ you’ll find the purest and highest quality ingredients available on the market in their most well-absorbed and highly bioavailable forms (so as to reduce the risk of stomach upset). One of the most crucial vitamins for a healthy pregnancy is folate. Supplementation with folic acid reduces the risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord birth defect. Insufficient intake of folic acid during pregnancy may negatively affect fetal development. Fortunately‚ each vegetarian capsule of Basic Prenatal provides the active forms of folic acid (L-5-methyl-tetrahydrofolate and folinic acid) in a balanced 1:1 ratio to help ensure that your body absorbs as much of this crucial vitamin as possible. Iron is also important for pregnant women‚ but it can sometimes cause constipation; therefore‚ this supplement contains iron in the form of picolinate‚ which is easier on the stomach. Thorne does not include large amounts of the nutrients commonly known to cause stomach upset. Instead, smaller amounts of these nutrients are included, but in their most tissue-ready and absorbable forms for optimal utilization.
Recommended use: is 3 capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Thorne Research Basic Prenatal
3 capsules contain:
- Vitamin A (3,000 IU / 450 mcg RAE from Beta Carotene and 2,000 IU /600 mcg RAE as Palmitate) 1.05 mg
- Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 150 mg.
- Vitamin D (as Vitamin D3) (1,000 IU) 25 mcg.
- Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopheryl) (50 IU) 33.5 mg.
- Vitamin K (as Vitamin K1) 100 mcg.
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCl) 5 mg.
- Riboflavin (as Riboflavin 5'-Phosphate Sodium) 5 mg.
- Niacin (as Niacinamide) 30 mg.
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate) 12 mg.
- Folate (as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate from L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid, Glucosamine Salt 1 mg.
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 200 mcg.
Biotin 50 mcg.
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Panothenate) 18 mg.
- Calcium (90 mg as Calcium Citrate and 90 mg as Calcium Malate) 180 mg.
- Iron (as Ferrochel Ferrous Bisglycinate Chelate)** 45 mg.
- Iodine (as Potassium Iodide) 150 mcg.
- Magnesium (45 mg as Magnesium Citrate and 45 mg as Magnesium Malate) 90 mg.
- Zinc (as TRAACS Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate) 25 mg.
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) 50 mcg.
- Copper (as TRAACS Copper Bisglycinate Chelate) 2 mg.
- Manganese (as TRAACS Manganese Bisglycinate Chelate) 5 mg.
- Chromium (as TRAACS Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate) 100 mcg.
- Molybdenum (as TRAACS Molybdenum Glycinate Chelate) 50 mcg.
- Boron (as BororganicBoron Glycinate Complex) 1 mg.
Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Laurate, Silicon Dioxide.
There are no questions or answers for this item.